10. A classic example of Occam’s machete
9. You’re right, it is too much and doesn’t sound real
8. Is it really “trolling” if the fish jump straight into the boat?
7. I hear they…
In the middle of reading the New York Magazine article, Happy Birthday iPhone: You’re Ruining Everything, I was brought to a screeching halt by a very brief mention of an invented game called “Phonestack”. Phone what? A brilliant game (some call it social engineering masquerading as a bar game) that I think could completely recivilize dinner and social gatherings.
Here’s the deal:
1) As you arrive, each person places their phone facedown in the center of the table.
2) As the meal goes on, you’ll hear various texts and emails arriving… and you’ll do absolutely nothing.
3) You’ll face temptation—maybe even a few involuntary reaches toward the middle of the table—but you’ll be bound by the single, all-important rule of the phone stack.
Whoever picks up their phone is footing the bill.
Nothing like a financial incentive to instill etiquette.